If you are looking to be a part of a growing company who offers advancement opportunities, an excellent benefits package, who is investing in Tomah, Wisconsin by expanding it's metal manufacturing facility, GSMW is the place for YOU. General Sheet Metal Works has been a proud employer in Tomah, WI since 2006. Sound exciting? Join us!
Excellent benefits package offered!!
Starting wage: $14.25 per hour, plus $1.00 premium for 2nd & 3rd shift (top rate up to $18.22 per hour for top of the line skill set)
The Laser Operator is responsible for expertly operating high performing CNC profiling (laser & punch) cutting equipment to safely produce beautiful metal parts to customer print specifications. These parts are to meet or exceed established quality and productivity standards.
Key Responsibilities and Purpose
The primary responsibility of the Laser Operator is to produce metal fabricated parts to customer print specifications using a standard process.
Additional tasks include:
• Ensuring material is staged on the loader for automated “production plan” performance
• Loading materials with fork trucks, cranes, carts and non-standard “drop” material by hand as required
• Unloading tables by repetitively lifting and placing metal blanks or finished parts into containers (bins, boxes, gongs)
• Ensuring machine optics are maintained by performing a tape shot, focusing the lens, cleaning the lens, cleaning nozzles, and replacing lens, nozzles, tips, and other supplies as needed
• Emptying dust collection bins according to preventive maintenance schedules
• Supporting achievement of company standards in safety, productivity, and on-time production
• Recording machine code errors and communicating poor machine performance issues to the Profiling Machinery Technician
• Maintaining a satisfactory attendance record, as outlined in the employee handbook.
• Assisting other operators by working as a team to unload and inspect completed parts
• Using inspection devices (calipers, pin gauges, check fixtures) to inspect parts, according to print and product inspection plan (PIP)
• Selecting and using fixtures, as identified in the CNC program
• Gathering required documents (process photos, process inspection plans, job traveler, print, and work in process parts) to successfully run the job
• Reading the print fully in order to understand tolerances, geometry, material thickness, and special instructions
• Reading traveler for special instructions
• Labeling work in process parts and finished parts according to ISO policy
• Separating and labeling non-conforming parts according to ISO policy
• Wearing proper protective equipment, as directed by equipment or process
• Understanding safety requirements in work areas, and complying with requirements
• Using material data sheets (MSDS) effectively
• Participating in continuous improvement projects, both independently and as a team member, when requested or as the opportunity to volunteer presents itself
• Completing daily, weekly, monthly, and annual department maintenance as assigned
• Offering process improvement ideas
• Accurately entering job information, quantities and inspection results into the ERP systems
• Correctly clocking into and out of attendance systems
High school diploma or equivalent (preferred)
Minimum of 6 months in a manufacturing environment (preferred)
Salary/Wages and Benefits
Starting wage: $14.25 per hour, plus $1.00 premium for 2nd shift (top rate up to $18.22 per hour)
*Your skills and work ethic can propel you quickly through the benchmark system designed to increase wages as position proficiency increases. You hold the key to how quickly you move from the New Hire rate then progressing to Qualifying, Level 1, Level 2 and finally to Level 3.
General Sheet Metal Works is proud to offer a very competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, holiday and vacation pay, 401 -K Plan, tuition reimbursement and more...
Conditions of Hire
All employment with GSMW, Inc. is at-will by the employer and employee and therefore subject to change. All new hires are made on 90-day provisional basis, after which time the employee's performance will be reviewed and an offer of employment extended.